With the advantage of not sticking to food when cooking, this pan is gradually replacing other pans that become popular items in every family. However, if we store the non-stick pan improperly, the non-stick layer will also peel off quickly, affecting the quality of meals as well as the health of the whole family. Here are some tips to help you use non-stick pans longer.
How to use the new non-stick pan
First, when you just bought a pan, you should not use it for cooking right away, but do some of the following:
- Step 1: Pour water into about 2/3 of the pan. North on the stove, turn on the heat to boil water in the pan until you see a lot of steam is okay. Then turn off the stove, pour the water away and wipe the pan dry with a paper towel.
- Step 2: Continue cooking the pan on the stove, making the lighters as small as possible. Put some cooking oil on a tissue paper. Then use this paper to wipe the pan evenly for 30 seconds, then turn off the heat and let the pan cool.
- Step 3: Repeat this wipe with blotting paper two more times.
Only with this simple operation can help you extend the life of the new non-stick pan.
Also, to preserve the non-stick pan better, we should hang the pan after use and limit overlapping other pots and pans so as not to scratch the pan and avoid distorting the pan.
What is a non-stick pan?
Non-stick pans are familiar household items in the kitchen of every family. This tool helps you prepare delicious fried and stir-fried dishes and it can even substitute for an oven.
Nonstick material on nonstick pan
Pans covered with ceramic have the following advantages:
- Ceramic is made of 100% inorganic minerals and oxides with characteristics: Anti-scratch, heat-resistant, durable, beautiful gloss.
- This is a smooth ceramic coating, can withstand high heat and absolutely safe for health.
- Ceramic non-stick frying pans are capable of dispersing heat evenly without absorbing any chemicals.
- Non-stick ceramic coating does not contain PTFE or PFOA which is safe for consumers health.
- This nonstick material is also environmentally friendly because it uses less energy in the manufacturing process.
Ceramic pan is currently the safest non-stick pan today.
Outstanding advantages of Teflon-coated pans are:
- Teflon has the following characteristics: Heat resistance, chemical resistance, corrosion resistance, very good adhesion resistance.
- Due to its high strength and longevity, Teflon has been used as a non-stick coating in more than 40 countries.
- Teflon decomposes at temperatures 300 – 400 degrees C, while cooking temperatures usually only fluctuate 130 – 190 degrees C.
- Teflon is a difficult to absorb compound, it will be eliminated and absorbed into the body. So you dont need to worry about teflon build up and cause disease!
- The teflon covered pan is currently the most durable nonstick pan.
The non-stick frying pan coated with marble has outstanding features:
- The surface of the pan is molded with a hard layer of steel with marble pattern to help prevent sticking and scratching.
- Granite pan has good antibacterial properties, especially you may not need to add grease when frying, stir-frying food.
- Non-stick coatings that do not contain PTFE or PFOA are environmentally friendly and safe to use.
- The surface of this pan is coated with up to 5 non-stick layers: Layer 1 (Marble) helps to disinfect, scratch, and stick. Layer 2 (Whitford) helps save cooking oil. Layer 3 increases durability for non-stick layers. Layer 4 (pure aluminum) helps prevent oxidation.
Granite non-stick frying pan is heavy compared to other pans.
This non-stick material has the following outstanding advantages:
- Greblon contains high molecular weight PTFE, has good resistance in many environments, does not contain PFOA, APEO, has high non-stick properties.
- Pan covered with non-stick greblon certified food safety and human health according to LFGB standards of the Federal Republic of Germany. This result is also approved by European countries.
Outstanding advantages of non-stick pan with Whitford coating are:
- Whitford nonstick coating has the main component of PTFE, does not contain PFOA, APEO, ensures a high level of nonstick, good resistance in many environments.
- This material meets US FDA standards, is safe for direct contact with food.
How to use and preserve non-stick pans
Instructions on how to use the nonstick pan for the first time
Using the nonstick pan for the first time is not difficult if you follow the steps below:
Step 1: Pour a little water into the newly bought pan (about 2/3 of the pan is fine, no need to fill up).
Step 2: Put the nonstick pan on the gas stove, induction hob, … then turn on the high heat to boil water in the pan.
Step 3: Cook until you see a lot of steam coming up, no need to boil a lot of bubbles!
Step 4: Turn off the heat and pour water.
Step 5: Wipe away any remaining water from the pan with a soft cloth or tissue.
Step 6: After drying, you put the non-stick pan on the stove and set the lowest heat.
Step 7: Pour some cooking oil into a tissue paper, then wipe the surface of the pan evenly for about 30 seconds.
Step 8: Turn off the stove and let the pan gradually cool down.
Note: You should repeat steps 6, 7, 8 more than 2 times. With the new way of using non-stick pans, make sure your homes pan will be durable and difficult to peel off the nonstick layer.
Notes when using the nonstick pan
When frying, only use a small amount of cooking oil
Conventional pans will require a lot of oil to cook evenly and prevent it from burning. Meanwhile, using a non-stick pan, you should only give a sufficient amount of oil because it prevents food from sticking already.
The less use of oil and grease is not only economical and good for your health, but also good for the duration of your non-stick pan.
Do not wait until the pan is too hot to add oil
When you use a non-stick pan, you should use small fire to dry the pan, then add oil immediately. Don’t add when the pan is too hot because when the non-stick layer meets high temperatures in dry conditions, it is easy to peel off, affects the quality of food, and is not good for human health.
Do not season when the pan is at a high temperature
Did you know that tasting salty spices (such as fish sauce, salt, etc.) when the pan is cooking at high temperatures will cause the surface of the pan to be porous, the nonstick layer will be easier to peel.
Use wooden utensils to invert food in a nonstick pan
Wood stirring objects will not scratch the surface of the pan like metal tools (aluminum, stainless steel).
Do not let the fire is too hot
At high temperatures, the anti-stick coating on the pan can decompose and cause health problems. Therefore, you should keep the fire low or medium to ensure family safety and ensure the durability of the pan.
Do not use the pan to grill or braise
In fact, many people will take advantage of non-stick pans for baking, or even braising. However, you should not do that! The reason is that baking and braising at high temperatures can cause the nonstick layer to peel off, reducing the durability of the pan.
How to clean non-stick pan
Cleaning the non-stick pan is also a factor in making the pan more durable. Should wash non-stick pan when the pan has cooled down, avoid it for long. Use a soft sponge to scrub gently to avoid scratching the non-stick layer. You can also use warm water mixed with dishwashing liquid to wash the pan more effectively.
Tell you five ways to clean non-stick pan fastest
In the process of using non-stick pans, if unfortunately the pan burns, the food sticks hard to clean, we can clean the non-stick pan with the following tips without damaging the non-stick layer.
With its advantages, the non-stick pan has become a close friend and housewives to cook delicious food for the family. Sometimes the pan burns due to overheating or the hard-to-clean stains. Here are the five ways to clean your non-stick stick pan quickly and conveniently.
Vinegar is a familiar cooking spice in her kitchen cabinets. In addition to being the ingredient that makes up the dish, you can use vinegar to clean your non-stick pan.
After cooking is done, wait for the pan to cool completely, pour one half of the amount of water to submerge in the pan, then add half a bowl of vinegar to eat, then bring it to the boil. During the cooking process, grease and burnt marks will gradually float to the surface of the water. You can now take the tool to remove any dirty patches. You continue to cook until the plaque flakes off the pan, turn off the stove, wait for the water in the pan to cool down, then wash the pan as usual with dishwashing liquid.
Cooking oil and salt
With two spices of oil and table salt (large grain salt or iodized salt) in the kitchen cabinets, you can also take advantage of cleaning the non-stick pan. Taking two tablespoons of cooking oil into the pan, place the pan on the stove, continue to add three tablespoons of salt to boil. When the pan is hot, handle the pan and shake the mixture vigorously to create friction with the plaque in the pan that will gradually peel them off the pan. Then turn off the heat and wait for the pan to cool. After the pan has cooled, you should pour the mixture of salt, cooking oil, and the plaque in the pan to the trash. The remaining is to wash the pan gently with water and dishwashing rags.
Using baking soda also helps to clean non-stick pans easily. With baking soda, take about five tablespoons of ingredients into a cooled pan. Continue pouring an equivalent amount of water about 5 cups of water into the pan, put on the stove to boil. After about 20 to 30 minutes, the burnt plaque will gradually peel off the pan automatically. At this time, we turn off the stove, pour the mixture of water away, wait for the pan to cool down, and scrub gently with warm water.
In addition to the ingredients available in the kitchen, you can also use fresh lemon to clean the pan. Slice a few pieces of fresh lemon into the pan, then pour water to boil. When the water boils, then you use the chopsticks to move the lime slices around the pan to trap the plaque out of the pan. Cook a little longer, then turn off the heat. Wait for the water to be less hot, scrub with washing liquid as usual.
Put pan into fridge
If you have tried all of the above cleaning methods and the plaque on the pan still wont leave, put the pan in the freezer compartment of the refrigerator. The next day all the plaque will freeze, remove the pan and pry the plaque with a spatula. Rinse the pan again with dishwashing liquid.
Above are five ways to clean non-stick pan quickly and conveniently. Hopefully, this information will help you in cleaning your beloved pan.
Notes when using non-stick pan
Especially when using non-stick pans for cooking, you should note some of the following points to both good for health and preserve non-stick pans for a long time.
- When cooking with regular pans, we often have a habit of heating the pan before adding oil. But with a non-stick pan, we should pour the oil into the pan before placing the pan on a hot stove.
- Use a pan at a moderate temperature, do not let the fire is too large, spill over the body of the pan, because it will damage the paint outside the pan and the non-stick layer in the pan can be toxic.
- It is best to use wooden cookware, avoid metal utensils because it can easily scratch the surface of the pan.
- Do not use non-stick pans for baking or stocking, as long-term exposure to high temperatures also affects the non-stick coating of the pan.
Hopefully, the information shared above will help our housewives use non-stick pans more durable, extend the life of the pan, save more when having to buy a new pan. Wish you always find joy when you go to the kitchen to prepare delicious and nutritious meals for your family.