Electric hot pot is already familiar to everyone, from those who do not know how to cook to those who are experts.
However, not everyone knows how to buy a good electric hot pot and how to use and preserve it. The following article will tell you how to buy and use electric hot pot effectively, and know-how to maintain it properly.
What is an Electric hot pot?
Electric hot pot is a type of electric cooker that operates instead of using a gas stove like a regular cooker. The pot usually has a large capacity of 3 to 4 liters, the inside of the pot is coated with a non-stick enamel, and the ability to heat very quickly.
In addition to cooking hot pot out, an electric hot pot is also used to make fried, fried, stewed dishes, so it is also known as a versatile pot. Electric hot pot usually has two types: pot and pot stick attached to the body.
On cold days, having a hot steaming pot with friends on weekends is nothing better. But in order to have a good electric hot pot, we need to know how to buy, use, and store it properly so that it can be used for a long time.
How to buy an electric hot pot of good quality
Check electric hot pot structure.
Based on the structure, we divided into two types: separating electric hot pot and built-in electric hot pot.
With the built-in pot, the structure is solid, the heat efficiency is high, but the heat is unevenly distributed and it is difficult to perform cleaning operations for the pot.
The removable pot also has a firm structure, but the thermal efficiency is a bit inferior to the instant cooker but the heat is evenly distributed, easy to clean after use.
Therefore you should choose a separate pot if you want to be able to clean the pot more conveniently.
See material electric hot pot
Electric hot pot is usually produced by many different materials such as copper, steel, … depending on the supplier.
To buy a good electric hot pot, you should choose the ones with porcelain material, stainless steel alloy, copper or tin plating because they do not contain toxins and are safe to use. As for the pot surface is copper, aluminum or iron is of poor quality, in the process of use, it is very easy to create substances harmful to health.
Check the ability to control the heat of electric hot pot
When buying an electric hot pot, its best to choose the type with an automatic heat control device. Because keeping the cooking temperature is more convenient, the use process is more convenient, it ensures safety and does not cause fire to the components and cooking utensils.
You can ask the Product Counselor to find out which electrical hot pot is a thermostat control device.
Check carefully the equipment and utensils attached to the electric hot pot.
Electric hot pots are often equipped with appliances such as plugs and some accessories such as spoons, jars, hotpot dividers, etc.
You should check the plug and the hinge carefully to choose a good and safe electric hot pot for you. With the electric hot pot of a reputable brand, good quality, the plug will be thick, firm, the grip is certainly not loose.
Observe the outside of the electric hotpot
A high-quality electric hot pot has a flat, shiny outer surface, a solid coating, an unconventional convex pot, a tight lid with a pot body. All switches, control buttons are sensitive, no leakage occurs.
The hot pot is of inferior quality; the surface is not beautiful, the coat is easy to peel off, there are many strange dips, there is a phenomenon of electricity leakage to the outside.
Instructions on how to use electric hot pot when purchased
After buying the electric hot pot, you need to do the following to make the hot pot always in the best condition and use it for a long time.
- Newly purchased electric hot pots often have a slightly unpleasant smell, you wipe the surface of the pot with wet towels and wipe dry with clean towels again. With a separate pot, remove the pot and rinse with dishwashing liquid.
- For the first use, you should cook the pot with warm water first and then use it. Just add hot water to the pot, choose the highest temperature and let the pot cook for 2 to 3 minutes. When the water in the pot boils, switch to warm mode or lower the temperature to the lowest level. After that, unplug it, let it cool down, and discard it. Wipe dry again with a dry cloth.
- During use, be careful not to let water and food fall into the heat emitting base, as it is easy to quickly damage the pot. If you accidentally fall on it, you should clean it as soon as the electric hot pot cools down.
- When you finish using the electric hot pot, you should unplug it, if the food is cool, you can plug it back in. Avoid leaving the cooker plugged in for too long.
How to preserve electric hot pot
- Before cleaning the electric hot pot, make sure the pot is completely cooled, the temperature regulator and the plug are unplugged.
- Avoid getting water on the plug and plug while cleaning.
- Neutral detergent and clean water should be used to ensure that the electrical hot pot is used for the ideal moment.
- Just clean the pot with a soft cloth or a sponge to prevent it from being affected.
- With a separate pot, if you remove the pot to clean it, avoid squeezing too hard to remove the protective enamel from the pot, which is easily hazardous.
- The electric hot pot should be cleaned after use to reduce the likelihood of a boiler rusting due to food sticking to the pot.
Things to keep in mind when using the electric hot pot
- Depending on the type of food that adjusts the temperature accordingly. Avoid turning too high a temperature, its easy to fire and quickly break the pot.
- Put the plug in the wall socket properly and have the voltage that meets the requirements of the manufacturer. Do not connect an electrical hot pot to other electrical products that could easily cause an explosion or electrical shock.
- Do not use an electrical hot pot near wet areas, such as sinks.
- Do not unplug the power cord when the cooker is cooking, as it will cause an electrical shock.
- Do not use when the product has unusual signs.
- Dont touch the power cord while the hand is still wet, it may cause an electrical shock.
- Before you plug in, check the wire and plug to ensure safety.
- Do not scratch the pot with metal objects such as spoons, forks, etc. Because its easy to reduce the quality and longevity of the pot.
- Dont use an electric hot pot when its lightning.
- Do not immerse the sole in water; just use a slightly damp, soft cloth and wipe.
- Keep the product out of the reach of your children.
- After use, clean the pot and store it in a cool place.
Once youve chosen your favorite electric hotpot, you can cook pots such as Thai Seafood Hotpot, Beef Tail Hotpot, Chicken Stew Hot Pot.
Hopefully, with the above information, youll be able to choose and use an electric hot pot in the most efficient way.